National Trails Day is June 6, 2015, an annual celebration of our nation’s hiking and biking trails.
Here in Allen County, we have much to celebrate, with at least 5 trails to enjoy:
- The Prairie Spirit Trail runs from Iola north to Ottawa. It’s free in Iola, with a daily (or annual) permit required for rural sections.
- The Southwind Rail Trail runs from Iola to Humboldt, and is free to use dawn to dusk.
- The Lehigh Portland Trails are being built south of Iola. They’re not finished yet (and not signed), but intrepid explorers can check them out. If singletrack is muddy, please stick to the main trails!
- The Mo-Pac Recreational Trail in Iola is also a work-in-progress, but parts of it are available to be walked or biked.
- The Centennial Trail in Humboldt is located in the southern part of town, and connects the swimming pool with the ball fields.
Get out and enjoy our fantastic trails!