Allen County cyclists once again competed in the National Bike Challenge, and once again produced some impressive results.
- 21 Allen County riders logged 19,639 points
- Our Bike Allen County local challenge ranked #31 in the nation
- Iola was #7 in Kansas, and Humboldt was #13 in Kansas, the top small towns in the state
- We had one rider, Randy Rasa, log miles every day during the Challenge
- We had two riders in the Kansas top 20 (Randy Rasa at #8, Terry Broyles at #19)
- Iola won the 2017 Prairie Spirit Trail Challenge
With the NBC changing their logging platform, participants and miles were down both nationally and locally. It is hoped that as people become more comfortable with the technology, and discover how easy it is to log their rides, the numbers will rise in coming years.
If you’d like to get a head start on next year’s Challenge, be sure to set yourself up with free accounts at Strava and NationalBikeChallenge.org. Once you get into the habit of logging your miles, it becomes automatic, and it’s wonderful to look back and see everywhere you’ve ridden.