Allen County is home to a great local bike shop, Velo + Iola, which opened in April 2017 on the downtown square. Velo+ offers full-service bicycle repair, plus bikes from brands such as Kona, Salsa, Surly, All City, Masi, Haro and Linus, as well as biking components, gear, and apparel.
Velo+ also offers the excellent Maps Coffee, roasted at their Lenexa location (free samples!).
Address: 112 S. Washington Ave, Iola, Kansas 66749 [directions]
Phone: (620) 228-5566
Other Local Bike Services
In addition to the retail shop, a number of individuals offer bicycle repair services in Allen County:
- Bill Asher
- Bill runs a small bicycle repair service out of his garage in rural Allen County, just south of Iola, at 1065 1400 Street. In addition to repairing bikes, Bill also sells used bikes, most under $30. Bill can be reached at 620-228-2983.
- Dave Fontaine
- In addition to serving as the manager of the Southwind Rail Trail, Dave offers bicycle repair services from his garage, located just east of Iola along US-54. 620-496-7408
Regional Bike Shops
- Hippie’s Bicycle Repair and Sales — 06 North Highland Avenue, Chanute, Kansas, 66720 — 620-212-5416
- Eclectic Bikes — 823 Commercial St., Emporia , KS — 620-208-6200
- High Gear Cyclery — 520 Commercial St., Emporia, KS — 620-342-4977
- Xtreme Bike & Sport — 1903 North Penn Avenue, Independence , KS — 620-331-7777
- Bicycle Doctor — 34255 Lookout Road, Osawatomie , KS — 913-731-3934
- First Gear Bicycle Shop — 2601 Gabriel, Parsons , KS — 620-421-6550
- Tailwind Cyclists — 1511 North Broadway, Pittsburg , KS — 620-231-2212
Other Kansas Bike Shops
There are, of course, numerous bike shops in larger cities such as Wichita, Kansas City, Lawrence, and Topeka. You can find a complete listing of bike shops in Kansas and neighboring states at Kansas Cyclist: Kansas Bicycle Shops